- Citibank to pay more than $38m for improper handling of ADRs
- Barclaycard joins Coupa as inaugural pay partner
- US agencies issue proposal to streamline regulatory reporting for qualifying small institutions
- Barclays launches free mobile invoicing for SME clients
- Mortgage market softens following period of strong growth, according to UK Finance
- Alison Rose appointed Deputy CEO of NatWest Holdings
- Financial fraud is an industry-wide problem, says Diebold Nixdorf expired
- Lords EU Committee take evidence from the British Business Bank and Germany’s KfW expired
- Banks must unify information streams to combat fraud, says ThreatConnect expired
- UniCredit non-executive director Andrea Sironi resigns expired
- Deutsche Bank completes demerger of its Polish private and commercial banking business expired
- UK Finance supports government on mortgage solutions expired
12th June 2018
New CEO for BNY Mellon Wealth Management
BNY Mellon has appointed Catherine M. Keating as Chief Executive Officer of BNY Mellon Wealth Management and member of the Executive Committee. Ms Keating will join on 9th July, 2018, and will report directly to BNY Mellon Investment Management CEO, Mitchell Harris. She will also join Investment Management's Leadership Team and be based in New York.
Ms Keating will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of BNY Mellon's wealth management business. This includes ongoing expansion of a diverse range of world-class capabilities to clients in new wealth markets, investing in client segments and digital capabilities and continuing to attract and develop top talent.
"Catherine is a seasoned CEO with a strong track record in leading wealth management and asset management organisations," said Mr Harris. "Throughout her career, she has demonstrated the leadership skills that we're confident will make themselves immediately and deeply felt by our staff and clients. We are delighted with Catherine's arrival, and I look forward to partnering with her to advance the growth of our wealth management offering and capabilities for clients."
Since February 2015, Ms Keating most recently served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Commonfund, a non-profit, global institutional asset manager serving endowments, foundations and public sector investors. Previously, she enjoyed nearly two decades of experience at JPMorgan Chase, including roles as Head of Investment Management Americas (2011-2015), CEO of the US Private Bank (2005-2011), Global Head of Fiduciary and Wealth Advisory Services (2002-2005), and President of JP Morgan Trust Company of Delaware and the Mid-Atlantic Region (1996-2002).
Ms Keating said: "This is a transformational time for the wealth management industry, and I'm thrilled with the opportunity to lead BNY Mellon's Wealth Management business. Throughout my career, I have been privileged to work with complex and growing businesses, strong and diverse leadership teams, and significant clients. I look forward to joining BNY Mellon and the Wealth Management team, and contributing to this great organization to serve our clients."