- Voluntary industry commitment on service information for customers launched
- Partnership invests $20m into KuCoin to bring cryptocurrency to the masses
- New loan marketplace launches with actual APR comparison pledge
- Banks share assessment on emerging opportunities for digital transformation in cross-border payments
- BNY Mellon appointed depositary bank by NLB in Slovenia
- NatWest research reveals 62% of Brits use apps to save time and money
- There will always be an arms race in the payments space, says Entersekt expired
- RBS offers freeze for cards to reduce unnecessary cancellations expired
- TSB announces Debbie Crosbie as new CEO expired
- Basel Committee publishes more details on global systemically important banks expired
- One in three working Scots face savings shortfall, finds BoS expired
- Santander backs German credit scoring and personal finance app Bonify expired
12th June 2018
RIA assets on BNY Mellon's Pershing Platform cross the $600bn mark
BNY Mellon has announced that fiduciary assets under custody on the Pershing platform have reached $615bn as of 31st March, 2018, an 11 per cent increase over the trailing 12 months. Fiduciary assets on the Pershing platform have been growing steadily over the past eight years, from $53bn on the platform in 2010, to over $600bn today.
This significant growth is in large part a result of Pershing's focus on serving large, professionally managed registered investment advisor (RIA) firms, as well as corporate RIAs, along with trust companies and multi-family offices.
Lisa Dolly, CEO of BNY Mellon's Pershing, said: "The growth of our RIA business is a testament to our ability to support a wide range of clients and capitalize on the trends reshaping the wealth management business. Positive forces of change in the industry, fuelled by shifting investor preferences and a growing desire for transparency, are driving the growth of the advisory business.
"Given our extensive industry knowledge and long history of working with the nation's largest financial services firms, we are uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that will assist RIAs in growing their businesses and establishing their own unique brand in a competitive marketplace."
The total number of RIA firms on the Pershing platform as of March 2018 was 752. From March 2017 to March 2018, fiduciary assets on the Pershing platform grew by $60bn; roughly one-third of the growth came from net flows, while the remaining two-thirds was market related. The average size of RIA assets custodied on the Pershing platform is $813m.
"In an effort to continue to anticipate clients' needs and industry changes, we are announcing an additional multi-year investment of more than $50m in our business, which will help us further accelerate our growth in the wealth and advisory market segments," said Ms Dolly.
The investment in the business will focus on three core areas:
1. Human Capital
2. Client Experience
In addition, a new leadership development programme for next-generation advisors to optimise workplace efficiency and productivity, as well as technology consulting and business analysis tools, will help support Pershing's growing RIA client base.