- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- LIIBA and EY publish report to help deal with the significant uncertainty about the ability of intermediaries to place and service European risk from the UK post-Brexit
- Marsh/Microsoft new global survey says few organisations are highly confident in their ability to manage the risk of a cyber-attack
- Allianz weathers the storm overall
- Allianz increases shareholding in Euler Hermes to 92.43%
- MetLife CEO Kandarian says "we can and will do better" over the reserve charge
- Bannister joins ABI Board expired
- Guidewire solutions selected by Federated Insurance expired
- SpatialKey partners with Swiss Re to offer insurers access to multi-peril hazard data through its proprietary underwriting solution expired
- NN Group positive result for last year expired
- Sun LIfe Financial CEO Connor says "2017 was a year of strong financial performance" expired
- Fairfax Financial produces best year assisted by reducing ICICI Lombard stake and selling First Capital expired
21st January 2018
DXC Technology recognized as a 2018 Top 100 Global Technology Leader by Thomson Reuters
DXC Technology has been recognized as a 2018 Top 100 Global Technology Leader by Thomson Reuters. The inaugural program identifies the tech industry’s most operationally sound and financially successful organisations.
The Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Tech Leaders study, the industry’s first holistic assessment of today’s leading tech companies, utilizes a 28-point data-driven algorithm to objectively identify organisations positioned to thrive in a complex and changing business environment. The patent pending methodology, developed by the Thomson Reuters Boston Innovation Lab, is based on eight principal pillars of performance: Financial Performance, Management and Investor Confidence, Risk and Resilience, Legal Compliance, Innovation, People and Social Responsibility, Environmental Impact, and Reputation. According to Thomson Reuters, these are the companies whose final scores across the pillars outshine over 5,000 other technology companies around the world.
“DXC Technology is proud to be recognized as a Top 100 Global Technology Leader by Thomson Reuters,” said Mike Lawrie, DXC Technology chairman, president and ceo. “We are honoured to gain this recognition and are committed to delivering innovative solutions that best serve our clients on their digital transformation journeys.”
“Tech companies operate at warp speed confronting competitive, regulatory, legal, financial, supply chain and myriad other business challenges. Oftentimes, their financial success overshadows operational integrity, making it difficult to identify those organisations with true fortitude for future success,” said Alex Paladino, global managing director of the Thomson Reuters Technology Practice Group. “With the Top 100 Global Tech Leaders, we’ve identified the unique data points that embody technology industry leadership in the 21st century; congratulations to the companies that made the list.”
Key findings among the 2018 Top 100 Global Technology Leaders:
-In addition to being recognized in the first true valuation of global technology leaders, these organisations outperform the Nasdaq, S&P 500 and MSCI World indices in year-over-year stock price change by 3.91%, 4.04% and 7.1%respectively.
-They outperform these indices across other factors, including YoY R&D investment, employee percent change and revenue percent change.
-45% of the leaders are headquartered in the US; Japan and Taiwan are the next most prolific regions, with 13 top 100 tech companies each.
DXC’s highest scores were achieved among these four pillars:
-Management and Investor Confidence, specifically in StarMine’s Smart Money Combined Alpha Model(CAM) at 91%;
-Innovation, specifically in Thomson Reuters Environmental, Social and Governance(TRESG) at 84%;
-People and Social Responsibility, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Strategy and Community and Workforce at 84% and 78% respectively; and
-Environmental Impact, TRESG Emissions and Resource Use at 78% and 77% respectively.
Visit http://tr.com/top100tech to access the full report and view the complete list of 2018 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Technology Leaders.
DXC Trends(5 articles)
CSC Trends(345 articles)
Xchanging Trends(359 articles)
Thomson Reuters(4 articles)