- New World Bank survey indicates rapid rise of mobile phones and the internet-69% of adults globally now have an account at a bank or mobile money provider
- Financial planning advice in Australia faces change after miss-selling problems says GlobalData
- Squirro new study indicates AI and ML on the increase in financial services
- Central Bank of Ireland to launch Innovation Hub
- FICO fraud identification solution Falcon Assurance Navigator now available on AWS
- Swedish FinTech Tink launches API platform
- Swedbank expands partnership with Meniga expired
- HSBC takes climate change investment decisions on tar sands projects and some coal-fired power stations expired
- UBS has "excellent start to 2018, with our results once again showing the power of our diversified business" says CEO Ermotti expired
- Wells Fargo faces $1bn penalty expired
- PCF Bank retail deposits top £100m mark expired
- New credit card launched in Indonesia expired
12th January 2018
TD Bank Group acquires AI company Layer 6
TD Bank Group has acquired Layer 6 Inc, an artificial intelligence (AI) company based in Toronto, Ontario. Layer 6 has emerged as a pioneer in the delivery of responsive, personalised and insight-driven experiences for the financial services industry. Layer 6 founders Tomi Poutanen and Jordan Jacobs are also co-founders of the Vector Institute, a leader in AI research and education.
Bharat Masrani, Group President and CEO, TD Bank Group, said: "Anticipating and meeting customer needs are at the heart of our promise, and we are excited to further accelerate our innovation agenda to deliver well into the future. As we deploy new solutions, we will extend our deep relationship with customers across all of our platforms and offer personalised, connected and legendary experiences for our customers in the digital age."
Jordan Jacobs, Co-CEO & Co-Founder, Layer 6, said: "TD is committed to leading the market with new innovation and superior customer experiences. Layer 6 was founded to help organisations harness the power of artificial intelligence, and we are excited to join TD and help them build for the future."
The acquisition is not expected to have a meaningful impact on TD's Common Equity Tier 1 Capital ratio.