- Standard Chartered joins forces with other banks to transform trade finance
- UniCredit launches workshop-based competition for Generation Z
- Industry to begin name checks on bank payments
- Finance industry set to launch Financial Sector Cyber Collaboration Centre
- SEC launches new Strategic Hub for Innovation and Financial Technology
- Denmark will see 5,000 new millionaires by 2022, says GlobalData
- RBS responds to the Gender Recognition Act Reform Consultation expired
- FAB recognised as Safest Bank in the Middle East for second consecutive year expired
- Banca Monte Dei Paschi Di Siena to incorporate Perimetro expired
- BNY Mellon reports mixed results for Q3 2018 expired
- Goldman Sachs reports highest year-to-date net revenues in eight years expired
- KeyCorp reports solid results for Q3 2018 expired
12th January 2018
TD Bank Group acquires AI company Layer 6
TD Bank Group has acquired Layer 6 Inc, an artificial intelligence (AI) company based in Toronto, Ontario. Layer 6 has emerged as a pioneer in the delivery of responsive, personalised and insight-driven experiences for the financial services industry. Layer 6 founders Tomi Poutanen and Jordan Jacobs are also co-founders of the Vector Institute, a leader in AI research and education.
Bharat Masrani, Group President and CEO, TD Bank Group, said: "Anticipating and meeting customer needs are at the heart of our promise, and we are excited to further accelerate our innovation agenda to deliver well into the future. As we deploy new solutions, we will extend our deep relationship with customers across all of our platforms and offer personalised, connected and legendary experiences for our customers in the digital age."
Jordan Jacobs, Co-CEO & Co-Founder, Layer 6, said: "TD is committed to leading the market with new innovation and superior customer experiences. Layer 6 was founded to help organisations harness the power of artificial intelligence, and we are excited to join TD and help them build for the future."
The acquisition is not expected to have a meaningful impact on TD's Common Equity Tier 1 Capital ratio.