- HSBC settles foreign exchange investigation with US Justice Department
- Communities face further strain accessing cash, warns ‘Which?’
- New rules benefit consumers by promoting more competition in processing card payments
- Squirro solution uses AI to bring deep customer insight to FS firms
- Coindirect launches platform for local currency trading
- Millennials can provide investment lessons for mum and dad
- Banking in 2018: Disturbances and distractions as the year unfolds, but no disruptions expired
- KOBIL end-to-end security solution enables FS sector to comply with PSD2 expired
- Halifax relaunches loan product with a positive twist expired
- ESMA calls for evidence on temporary product intervention measures expired
- Number of home-movers at highest level in 10 years, says Lloyds review expired
- BNY Mellon’s Q4 results impacted by new tax legislation expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.