- New World Bank survey indicates rapid rise of mobile phones and the internet-69% of adults globally now have an account at a bank or mobile money provider
- Financial planning advice in Australia faces change after miss-selling problems says GlobalData
- Squirro new study indicates AI and ML on the increase in financial services
- Central Bank of Ireland to launch Innovation Hub
- FICO fraud identification solution Falcon Assurance Navigator now available on AWS
- Swedish FinTech Tink launches API platform
- Swedbank expands partnership with Meniga expired
- HSBC takes climate change investment decisions on tar sands projects and some coal-fired power stations expired
- UBS has "excellent start to 2018, with our results once again showing the power of our diversified business" says CEO Ermotti expired
- Wells Fargo faces $1bn penalty expired
- PCF Bank retail deposits top £100m mark expired
- New credit card launched in Indonesia expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.