- Standard Chartered joins forces with other banks to transform trade finance
- UniCredit launches workshop-based competition for Generation Z
- Industry to begin name checks on bank payments
- Finance industry set to launch Financial Sector Cyber Collaboration Centre
- SEC launches new Strategic Hub for Innovation and Financial Technology
- Denmark will see 5,000 new millionaires by 2022, says GlobalData
- RBS responds to the Gender Recognition Act Reform Consultation expired
- FAB recognised as Safest Bank in the Middle East for second consecutive year expired
- Banca Monte Dei Paschi Di Siena to incorporate Perimetro expired
- BNY Mellon reports mixed results for Q3 2018 expired
- Goldman Sachs reports highest year-to-date net revenues in eight years expired
- KeyCorp reports solid results for Q3 2018 expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.