- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- The majority of executives(87%) around the world cite untrained staff as the greatest cyber risk to their business according to a new report from “The Cybersecurity Imperative”
- PRA publishes four final Policy Statements on Solvency II
- PRA publishes Policy Statement-"Strengthening accountability: Implementing the extension of the SM&CR to insurers"
- FCA and The Pensions Regulator(TPR) launch a joint regulatory strategy
- Prudential Financial SIFI designation dropped by FSOC
- Applied Systems announces investment from CapitalG bringing access to Google expertise across artificial intelligence, machine learning, and digital marketing expired
- Greenlight Re Innovations makes third investment-in South Africa-based digital insurance platform Click2Sure expired
- RMS estimates insured losses from Hurricane Michael at $6.8bn to $10bn expired
- Insurance Australia Group(IAG) licenses the RMS High Definition New Zealand Earthquake Model expired
- AXA XL receives authorisation in principle to move its EU insurance company, XL Insurance Company SE, from the UK to Ireland expired
- Hannover Re completes fifth catastrophe bond transaction for clients this year- raising the total issuance volume to $1.5bn in 2018 expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)