- Willis Re Reinsurance Market Report analyses 2017 market performance over 34 reinsurers globally-with some surprises
- GlobalData report indicates changes are occurring within the UK commercial insurance sector-digital channels and methods of purchasing growing taking share off traditional brokers
- LMA report highlights that less than 3% of conventional contracts underwritten at Lloyd’s in 2017 explicitly included cyber risks
- EIOPA publishes supervisory convergence plan for 2018-2019 for the insurance sector
- Lobbying group, including the European insurance industry, urging EU decision makers to ensure fair and equal access to in-vehicle data
- UK industry urged to boost cyber defence investment as almost 50% of manufacturers report attack says EEF/AIG survey
- Lloyd's begins to hire staff for its new EEA office in Brussels expired
- Lloyd's Lab to launch in September-L Marks and Boston Consulting Group(BCG) to support set-up and operation expired
- Sapiens partners with InsurTech EasySend who offer a SaaS-based Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform for smart and digital forms expired
- Shift Techology awarded first-place prize in the Worldwide Innovation Challenge sponsored by France’s Innovation Commission 2030 expired
- Allianz to complete purchase of remaining Euler Hermes shares by end of the week expired
- MGA PEX Insure chooses SSP solutions expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)