- Willis Re Reinsurance Market Report analyses 2017 market performance over 34 reinsurers globally-with some surprises
- GlobalData report indicates changes are occurring within the UK commercial insurance sector-digital channels and methods of purchasing growing taking share off traditional brokers
- LMA report highlights that less than 3% of conventional contracts underwritten at Lloyd’s in 2017 explicitly included cyber risks
- EIOPA publishes supervisory convergence plan for 2018-2019 for the insurance sector
- Lobbying group, including the European insurance industry, urging EU decision makers to ensure fair and equal access to in-vehicle data
- UK industry urged to boost cyber defence investment as almost 50% of manufacturers report attack says EEF/AIG survey
- Lloyd's begins to hire staff for its new EEA office in Brussels expired
- Lloyd's Lab to launch in September-L Marks and Boston Consulting Group(BCG) to support set-up and operation expired
- Sapiens partners with InsurTech EasySend who offer a SaaS-based Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform for smart and digital forms expired
- Shift Techology awarded first-place prize in the Worldwide Innovation Challenge sponsored by France’s Innovation Commission 2030 expired
- Allianz to complete purchase of remaining Euler Hermes shares by end of the week expired
- MGA PEX Insure chooses SSP solutions expired
10th January 2018
MS Amlin creates new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer Viribus Re
MS Amlin has announced that a new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer, Viribus Re Ltd, has been created to provide collateralised capacity support for MS Amlin Syndicate 2001’s global reinsurance portfolio in 2018.
Viribus Re Ltd has entered into a quota share agreement with MS Amlin, incepting 1st January 2018, under which it will reinsure a share of MS Amlin’s worldwide property catastrophe excess of loss portfolio.
The vehicle has secured commitments of more than $60m. Capital has been committed by a number of third party investors, including MS Amlin, which has committed $5m. The combination of new investors in Viribus Re, alongside existing capital structures and partners, strengthens MS Amlin’s position as a leading global (re)insurer.
James Few, Global managing director of Reinsurance at MS Amlin, comments “This is an important long-term strategic initiative for MS Amlin as we continue to seek ways to build capacity and relationships with capital market partners, whilst providing us with greater scope and flexibility to support the evolving needs of our clients. We are delighted to have secured funding for Viribus Re Ltd from a range of new partners whom we look forward to working with closely in the future."
Mitsui Sumitomo Trends(150 articles)