- SEC fines Merrill Lynch for misleading customers about trading venues
- FCA reveals urban-rural differences in how consumers experience financial services
- Johnston Carmichael to independently review RBS branch closures
- British Business Bank and UKBAA launch national initiative for SMEs
- Convenience of debit card payments puts cash in second place, says UK Finance
- BNY Mellon names new Chief Executive Officer, Treasury Services
- Arbuthnot Latham choses Xactium to enhance risk management capabilities expired
- Robert Half research finds skills shortage top fear for UK financial services expired
- FCA report offers insight into customer experience, says UK Finance expired
- IPsoft launches Amelia City, the world’s most human AI platform expired
- Barclays uses Simudyne to improve predictive capabilities in risk management expired
- Rural residents being left behind by branch closures, says Intelenet expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.