- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Liberty Mutual to sell Liberty Life and regroup P&C businesses
- esure CEO Vann to leave by mutual consent-early results for 2017 positive
- LIIBA outlines priorities for 2018
- DXC Technology recognized as a 2018 Top 100 Global Technology Leader by Thomson Reuters
- Guidewire joins Plug and Play’s ecosystem to advance P&C insurance innovation and collaboration
- Commonwell Mutual chooses Guidewire solutions expired
- honcho innovative app successful in crowdfunding campaign-aiming to reduce insurance costs for UK motorists expired
- The Floow appoints Kramer as VP and Head of North American operations expired
- deVere Group to expand into Latin America expired
- RenaissanceRe to acquire a minority shareholding in Catalina expired
- Thomas Miller moves for marine consultancy Brookes Bell expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)