- The Chartered Insurance Institute-a moving experience
- Marsh & McLennan moves for JLT
- AIR Worldwide estimates industry insured losses resulting from Hurricane Florence’s winds and storm surge will range from $1.7bn to $4.6bn-excluding impact of ongoing unprecedented flooding
- Willis Re annual Silent Cyber Risk Outlook global survey indicates insurers are expecting increased cyber-related losses across all business lines over the next 12-months
- PRA issues consultation paper related to the extension of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime(SM&CR) to insurers
- FCA closes remaining investigations into life insurance sector without taking enforcement action
- Insurance Europe responds to EC proposal for a review of the 2009 Motor Insurance Directive(MID) expired
- Co-operators launches new digital insurance product in two months through Slice Labs Insurance Cloud Service expired
- Aviva completes share buyback prgramme expired
- AXA IM moving to the next phase of its commitment to strengthen Responsible Investment (RI) capabilities expired
- Conning publishes US Life-Annuity Consumer Markets Annual expired
- Five-year dairy farmer microinsurance project launched in Kenya-supported by ICMIF members expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)